Coronavirus Information – Keeping You Connected and Safe
UPDATED March 23, 2020
Golden West Pledges to Not Disconnect and Waive Late Fees For Customers Impacted by COVID-19 Through May 15
Golden West is committed to keeping its customers connected as the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) continues to disrupt lives.
“Now more than ever, Golden West understands the importance of staying connected,” says Golden West General Manager/CEO Denny Law. “Customers need to remain in touch with family and friends and stay informed about COVID-19. Customers may also need to work, access telemedicine, or continue education from home.”
To maintain these vital services, Golden West will waive late charges and forgo disconnects for customers who are financially impacted by COVID-19 through May 15. These customers should contact Golden West between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at 1-855-888-7777 or via the Chat button at goldenwest.com. “We’re committed to working with customers impacted by COVID-19, so they can maintain access to their internet, phone and cable TV services,” says Law.
Golden West is also working to limit the spread of COVID-19. Like many businesses, Golden West has implemented temporary policies and procedures to protect the health of its customers and employees. This includes closing all offices to walk-in traffic and taking special precautions when on-site visits are necessary.
“Customers can reach us for all their service-related needs by phone or online, but for now we are limiting face-to-face contact at the advice of the Centers for Disease Control,” explains Law. “I want to personally thank our customers for their cooperation and understanding. We’ve faced challenges before, and we’ve always come through them stronger when we work together.”
Technical support remains available 24/7/365 at 1-855-888-7777. For more information on how Golden West is keeping its customers connected and safe, continue checking our website at GoldenWest.com/Coronavirus or follow Golden West Telecom on Facebook.
March 18, 2020
Continuing to Keep You Connected and Safe
Golden West continues to monitor the Coronavirus situation. We know you rely on us to keep you connected, and we take that responsibility seriously. We are also committed to keeping you, our employees and the communities we serve safe.
Offices Will Close to Walk-In Traffic
To limit the spread of the virus, Golden West offices will close to walk-in traffic starting at noon Wednesday, March 18, but we will remain available for all of your service-related needs. Call 1-855-888-7777 or visit goldenwest.com for assistance.
Other Precautions We’re Taking
So that we can keep you connected during this unprecedented circumstance, we will:
- Provide the best experience possible. Customer service will be ready to help you by phone or online between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Technical support will be available 24/7/365.
- Call ahead for permission to enter a home or business to perform on-site work.
- Ask in advance if anyone in the home or business is ill or at risk.
- Sanitize hands before entering a home or business.
- Minimize personal contact and maximize personal space inside the home or business.
- Evaluate the need for wearing protective gear during onsite visits.
How You Can Help
We can be more successful if we work together. Until the virus risk has passed, we ask that you:
- Communicate with us by phone at 1-855-888-7777 or at goldenwest.com through the Chat button or Contact Us form.
- Make payments by phone, mail, online or in one of our drop boxes.
- Work with our technicians prior to, and during, any home or business visits by also minimizing personal contact and maximizing personal space.
- Be patient and understanding. As we focus on the safety of our customers and employees, response to service requests may take longer than usual.
We Will Regularly Reassess
The offices will remain closed to walk-in traffic through this week. We will continue to reassess and communicate updates as needed.
Golden West has been serving rural South Dakota for over a century. We’ve faced challenges before, and we’ve always come through them stronger.
Golden West Telecommunications Cooperative
UPDATED March 13, 2020
Keeping You Connected and Safe
Golden West knows the connections we provide have never been more important than they are today. Whether it is staying informed about the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), remaining in touch with your family and friends, or telecommuting to work, school or your physician, Golden West is working around the clock to ensure you stay connected to your phone, broadband internet and cable TV.
Protecting our employees, customers and communities is also a primary concern for us. Here’s how we plan to keep you connected while also doing our part to help stop the spread of the virus.
Home or Business Visits. If a Golden West technician needs to fix an issue at your home or business, please know that they will take extra steps before they enter customer homes and businesses to help ensure your safety and theirs.
- Field technicians will call to confirm that the customer wants them to enter their home or business to perform the work. The technician will also ask if there is any illness or if anyone is at risk in the household or business.
- Before entering a home or business, the technician will sanitize their hands, minimize personal contact and maintain as much personal space as possible inside the home or business. Golden West respectfully requests the same courtesy from the customer. The technician may also wear additional protective gear.
Golden West Customer Offices. Golden West customer offices are open during normal business hours. However, rather than stopping into one of our customer offices to order a service or pay a bill, we encourage you to contact us using other methods. Golden West offers many options to interact with us remotely. These include:
- Phone Call. Call us at 1-855-888-7777 to handle anything related to your account (including tech support and repair service) or make a payment.
- Online. Visit our website for the following resources:
- In Person.
- Bill payment drop boxes – if you wish to deliver a physical payment (money order or check, no cash), you can utilize our bill drop boxes located at each of our customer offices in Dell Rapids, Hartford, Wall, Hot Springs, Pine Ridge and Mission.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this time. Because our priority is the safety of our customers and employees, response to your service request may take longer than usual. Golden West will continue to monitor the situation and update our customers with any changes. Thank you for being a Golden West customer.
Golden West Telecommunications
At Golden West, we want to make sure that paying your bill is easy. In addition to paying in person at any of our offices, we have several other convenient options from which to choose, including:
Automated Payment: Set up AutoPay and have your monthly Golden West payment debited from your bank account or charged to your credit/debit card. Sign up online or download an authorization form at goldenwest.com/autopay, or call to get started.
Check By Phone: Provide your check information over the phone to process your one-time payment.
Credit or Debit Card Payment: Call our friendly representatives to make a one-time payment with your card. Card payments can also be made via web chat if your credit or debit card is already on file with your account.
Register with eStatement and Pay Online: Secure one-time payments can be made at goldenwest.com/estatement. eStatement is free, and you can view your statements anytime!
Mail Your Payment: Send it to Golden West, P.O. Box 411, Wall, SD 57790.
Reach our Member Service Representatives during normal business hours by phone at 1-855-888-7777. Remember, Golden West processes all payment options at no charge for members.