Fiber to the Home - Hot Springs
Fiber to the Home 2020
Hot Springs - Phase II - Town
July 9, 2020
- Swiftec will not be working in Hot Springs this week, but will resume hanging clamshells next week.
- Mainline plowing crews will be working at Hidden Lake Campground, will move on to Martin St., and from there go to Blue Bird Mesa.
- Drop crews will be plowing lines to customers on Bear Ave., Summerville St., Beaver Ave., and Hot Brook Canyon Rd. When finished with these neighborhoods, they will begin work between S Chicago St. and S River St.
July 7, 2020
Update for Hot Springs Homes Wired in 2019
If your home or business was wired during last year’s construction, the process of transitioning your services to fiber-optic delivery requires a visit inside your home or business. For your safety and for the safety of our contractors and technicians, as of mid-March Golden West suspended visits inside customer homes and businesses in response to COVID-19. Golden West continues to monitor the situation and will resume onsite visits once it is safe to do so. At that time, someone will be in touch with you to transition your services to the new infrastructure. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
June 30, 2020
- Swiftec continues to hang clamshells. If a customer has only internet or cable and doesn’t have a clamshell yet, please call 1-855-888-7777 and ask for the engineering department. We’ll get you in touch with the wiring contractor.
- Mainline plowing crews have been working on Badger Clark Rd and Cold Brook Ave.
- Plowing crews bringing drops to individual addresses have been working Wind Cave Rd and Cold Brook Ave.
- Crews will combine their regularly scheduled time off later this week with a day off to observe Independence Day. Work will resume July 8th.
June 23, 2020
- Swiftec continues to hang clamshells.
- Drops to individual customers are getting plowed on Sheridan St., Scofield St., and Thompson Ave. The crew will move southwest from there.
- Mainline plowing work is on Cold Brook Rd., Badger Clark Rd., and Martin St.
June 18, 2020
- Work is continuing on the north part of town.
- Swiftec is hanging clamshells on the outside of homes and businesses in the north part of town. They have well over half of these completed. If you have not had a clamshell installed and think you should have, please call Golden West at 1-855-888-7777 and ask for the engineering department.
- Plowing contractors will be working in the Evan Loop area of town during the coming week.
Join us for an open house on Tuesday, February 4th at 6:30 pm at the Mueller Civic Center in the Annex.
Stop by for snacks, refreshments, giveaways and a chance to win a $100!
We’re bringing Fiber to the Home, making sure that your phone and internet work as hard as you do.
Learn more about how Fiber to the Home will make your community stronger and more sustainable. You’ll find out how and where the work will be done, and the benefits of fiber optic technology.
Golden West Contractors in Hot Springs:
- North Central Service
- Swiftec Inc.
Please contact Golden West with any questions, concerns or comments by calling 1-855-888-7777 and asking for the Engineering Department or Email email@example.com.