SDTA Memorial Scholarship Application
Two $2,000 scholarships will be awarded
Deadline: May 31, 2020
Criteria for Application
1. Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
2. Accepted into or attending a multi-year program degree at any accredited technical college or other accredited post-secondary higher education institution in South Dakota for the Fall 2020 semester;
3. Are majoring in a degree/program or field of study that is useful in the telecommunications or broadband industry or which significantly relies on the use of broadband services and related technologies.
4. A customer/member or have a parent or legal guardian that is a customer/member of a SDTA member company.
5. Previous SDTA Memorial Scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
Examples of eligible majors or fields of study for the SDTA Memorial Scholarship include, but are not limited to: Telecommunications; WiFi and Broadband Technologies; Information Systems Technology; Satellite Communications; Health Information Technology; Office Technology Specialist; Programming Specialist; Network Specialist; Engineering (Computer Science or Systems, Electrical, CAD, Software, Industrial, Communications Systems, Network Security); Technologies or Computers (Communications Systems Engineering Technologies, Computer Programming, Computer Software Specialist, Computer Systems or Software, Computer Applications, Utilities Technologies, Network Technician, Internet Apps Developer, Laser/Electro-Optics, Marketing, Network Administration, System Administrator); Technology Education; and Communication Arts (Graphic Design or Mass Communications, Commercial Arts, Multimedia/Web Development.)
The Memorial Scholarship Program and Brian Meyer Memorial Scholarship programs are supported by SDTA and its member companies, including all of the following community-based rural broadband providers operating in South Dakota:
- Alliance Communications
- Beresford Municipal Telephone
- Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe Telephone Authority
- Faith Municipal Telephone
- Fort Randall Telephone
- Golden West Telecommunications
- Interstate Telecommunications Cooperative
- James Valley Telecommunications
- Kennebec Telephone Company
- Midstate Communications
- RC Technologies
- Santel Communications
- Swiftel Communications
- TrioTel Communications
- Valley Telecommunications
- Venture Communications
- West River Cooperative Telephone
- West River Telecommunications Cooperative
Complete the online application here or submit a completed application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a hard copy to: South Dakota Telecommunications Association, PO Box 57, Pierre, SD 57501.
1. Complete the student information and essay questions below.
2. A minimum of two letters of recommendation must accompany your application. At least one of these letters must be from a teacher, instructor or advisor. The other may be from someone who knows you well (but not a family member).
3. Attach unofficial high school and college transcripts.
Selection of awards will be announced on or about July 15th. If a scholarship winner does not wish to accept the award, SDTA should be notified promptly, and by no later than August 15th. Half of the scholarship award amount will be distributed for the fall semester and the other half distributed for the spring semester.