The removal of other anti-virus software and the VIPRE® installation are easily completed in the three steps outlined for you below:
For Written Instructions:
You must remove all previously installed anti-virus and anti-spyware software prior to installing VIPRE®. The instructions to help you download and install the
software are included below:
To Remove Previously Installed Software on a PC:
1. Click on your Start Menu in the lower left hand corner of your screen
2. Click on the Control Panel listing
3. Click on Uninstall a Program from within the Control Panel window
4. In the new window that opens, find the listing for the anti-virus/anti-spyware, & click once
5. Above the list of programs, click on Uninstall
6. Follow the instructions in the software uninstaller
7. Reboot/restart your computer
Next Download the VIPRE Software & Installer:
For the VIPRE key and Installer, please refer to the email that sent to your Golden West email address.
You will need this key & installer to complete the installation.
Complete the Installation of VIPRE on a PC:
1. Double-click on the VIPRE Installer on your desktop
2. Follow the instruction in the Installer
3. Once the Installer has completed, the installer will ask you to restart your computer. Please do so.
If you have questions regarding VIPRE, please contact the Help Desk at 1-866-833-6683 or 611 from any Golden West telephone.
This virus scanner may not be able to detect or repair all viruses and variants.