How do I register a domain name?
- Go to GKG.net
- Enter your chosen domain name in the search box. Domain names can be up to 63 characters long, valid domain name characters include letters, numbers and hyphens.
- Click on GO.
- From the drop down box choose the numbers of years you would like to register the domain, select other domains if any that you would like registered then click on Continue.
- Under the "create a new account by filling in the fields below" enter your information, choose a username and password (this username and password will be for GKG, we recommend you use your entire email address as your username). Click on Continue.
- Verify in the order details the correct spelling of the domain name (domain names are non-refundable). Here you will see all of the domain contacts (see what are domain contacts).
- Fill in the Credit Card information and click Submit for Processing.
- When the domain name is registered please call our office to have it set up on our server.
Here are a few of the most frequently registered extensions and their common usage, although it must be noted that any extension can be used for any purpose. For businesses, the .com suffix is recommended. It is the first extension that most people try when searching for a Website.
.com - Commercial, but is commonly used for everything
.net - Internet administrative site, but is commonly used
.org - Organization
.info - Information
.biz - Business
.us - United States
.name - Personal Web sites
.tv - Online Channel
I do not have a credit card can I register a domain name with a check or money order payment?
In order to pay for a domain using a check or money order you must visit GKG's Domain Payment section here and complete the Off-Line Domain Registration Form, there is an additional $15 fee. Mail the form with the payment to GKG at the address provided on the form.
If you choose to register your domain name with another Registrar you will need to provide the following during the registration process:
Technical contact credentials:
Golden West Internet Solutions
2727 N. Plaza Drive, Rapid City, SD 57702
firstname.lastname@example.org • 605-719-3000
Domain Name System (DNS) server details: