What information do you need to set up my domain name?
- Your name, address and telephone number if you are a current customer. If you are a new customer we will require your contact information and a billing option.
- Your domain name
- Your username your website is or will be associated with, and is most likely the same username your Internet connection is associated with.
- We will need to know if you require email addresses for your domain name, we can set up virtual email addresses (see FAQ's - Domain Name email addresses - Virtual Email addresses) or point the mail for your domain name to a different location (this is required if you run your own internal mail server, example: business email servers such as Exchange).
What is involved in making a domain work?
There are several conditions that are required for the domain name to be properly registered and accessible:
- The domain name has to be registered at a Registrar
- The domain name must contain our Name Servers; a WHOIS lookup for the domain name at Network Solutions Whois will display the current name servers for the domain name. Our name servers are ns1.ispservices.us and ns2.ispservices.us.
- Contact Golden West Internet Solutions at (800) 763-2525.
- We will add the domain name to our servers so that your website can be accessed by typing your domain name into the URL or Address fields of a web browser. We will set up the www and non-www version of your domain name. We can also set up email for your domain name at that time.