Golden West respects your privacy and observes the privacy rules established by the Federal Communications Commission, the SD Public Utility Commission and other telecommunications oversight agencies.
We will never sell your account information or provide details of your phone calls to other parties, unless required by law enforcement.
From time to time, however, we would like to notify you of additional products available outside the existing business relationship. For example, if you have our local voice service, you may be interested to learn about specials on our cable television service. However, you have the right under federal law to be excluded from these special notifications.
If it is acceptable to receive information about additional products and services, you need do nothing. If you prefer to be excluded from these notifications, call the business office by dialing 1-855-888-7777 or email us at email@example.com (please include your name and account number) we will contact you to confirm your opt-out from targeted notifications for two years. Your Golden West service is not impacted by this notification.
- Golden West Cablevision collects certain personally identifiable information from each cable subscriber. This information consists of data such as the subscriber’s name, address, and selection of cable services and programming. The information is collected and used for billing and other legitimate practices related to rendering cable and other services provided by Golden West Cablevision and to detect the unauthorized reception of cable communications. Golden West Cablevision does not utilize its cable system to gather any other types of personally identifiable information without the prior consent of the subscriber.
- Personally identifiable subscriber information collection by Golden West Cablevision will be disclosed only under the following circumstances:
i. to cable system employees, agents and program suppliers when necessary to render cable or other services provided by Golden West Cablevision to the subscribers;
ii. to debt collection agencies for the purpose of collecting money owed by a subscriber;
iii. pursuant to a court order authorizing such disclosure; or
iv. unless a subscriber has requested that such information not be disclosed, the subscriber’s name and address may be disclosed for Golden West mailing list and similar purposes.
Golden West Cablevision will obtain consent before disclosing any other information.
- Generally, personally identifiable information will be maintained by Golden West Cablevision for a period of two (2) years. After such time, if the purpose for which such information was collected has been accomplished, Golden West Cablevision will destroy the information.
- As a subscriber, you may inspect any personally identifiable information collected by Golden West Cablevision and relating to you during normal business hours at the business office at the address set forth on your monthly billing statement. Please notify us in advance of your visit so that the information concerning you can be collected and made available for your inspection. You have the right to correct any error in such information.
- The Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984 sets forth limitations on the personally identifiable information which can be collected and disclosed by cable operators such as Golden West Cablevision. Unless written or electronic consent is obtained, Golden West Cablevision cannot use its cable system to collect personally identifiable information other than information necessary to render its cable or other services, or information necessary to detect unauthorized reception of cable communications. Similarly, unless written or electronic consent is obtained Golden West Cablevision cannot disclose any personally identifiable information except when necessary in connection with rendering a cable or other service; when required under a court order; or when disclosing lists containing the names and addresses of subscribers who have not objected to such disclosure. With respect to court orders seeking disclosure of personally identifiable information, Golden West Cablevision is required to notify the affected subscriber prior to releasing the information. In those cases where government entities attempt to obtain a court order requiring disclosure, the affected subscriber is entitled to notice of the court proceeding and an opportunity to contest the government entity’s request in court. With respect to the disclosure of lists containing the names and addresses of subscribers you may exercise your right to prohibit the release of your name and address on these lists by notifying Golden West Cablevision of your desire to not have such information disclosed by writing a letter to Golden West Cablevision at P.O. Box 411, Wall, SD 57790.
- As a subscriber, you can enforce the limitations imposed by the Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984 by bringing a civil action in federal district court.
- Golden West collects and processes theinformation provided directly by you when you install the Application (App) and register for an account to use the App. Specifically, this information includes:
I. Your name, email address, location, user’s phone or contact book data, user’s inventory of installed apps, and user’s screen recording;
II. Browser information and session cookies related to your access and use of the App;
III. Data insights Golden West attains based on correlation and analytics of your information collected in providing the App, which may be used in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats or to obtain trend analytics, to provide the App; and
IV. Use of the above-described collected information in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats to enhance our current App or to provide App features.
I. Provide you with the App as described in the Agreement;
II. Implement, improve and/or enhance the App, including to make future releases available to you;
IV. Enforce Golden West rights arising from the Agreement between you and Golden West; and
V. Fulfill any other purpose authorized by you and reasonably required for the App.