My Golden West Wi-Fi App
My Golden West Wi-Fi App
Introducing the My Golden West Wi-Fi App. The My Golden West Wi-Fi App is FREE for Android or Apple smartphone users. The app puts you in control of your home Wi-Fi network. The My Golden West Wi-Fi App is compatible with Calix-branded equipment leased from Golden West to subscribers in fiber-served areas.
Download the App
You can search either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store for ‘My Golden West Wi-Fi', then install it on your mobile device.
- Select “SIGN UP” towards the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your personal information.
- Enter an email address for your username. It should be an address you check regularly, and it does not need to be a Golden West email.
- Choose a unique, secure password. Do NOT use the same password for the mobile app that you use for your Wi-Fi network or any other Golden West account access.
- Select “Yes” to continue.
- Tap the QR code that appears within the app. (You will be asked to allow access to your camera.) Point your camera at the QR code found on the bottom of your GigaSpire BLAST system, or on the side of your GigaCenter, (example shown below). Select OK.
- Tap the “Click here to skip” text since your Wi-Fi is already working.
- Click “Submit” and you’re done!
For more information on the My Golden West Wi-Fi App, check out the App Guide.
My Golden West Wi-Fi App Videos
|Set-up Your My Golden West Wi-Fi App
|An Intro to the Main Dashboard
|People, Places and Things
|Network Name & Password
|Set-Up a Guest Network
|Set-Up Basic Parental Controls
- Change or reset your Wi-Fi network name or password directly from the app.
- See the devices currently using your Wi-Fi.
- Categorize your devices (e.g. personal devices, work devices, mobile devices, gaming devices.)
- Pause the internet for any device, at any time.
- Create routines for scheduled downtime (i.e. bedtime or limited access to gaming devices during school time).
- Create a temporary or shareable guest network without sharing your main network name and password. Great for house guests, visitors, babysitters, house sitters, or pet sitters. Text the guest network login information directly from the app.
- Run a speed test to verify the speed you are getting is the speed you are paying for.
- Receive updates about any planned network maintenance, or upcoming community events.
- Forgot your Wi-Fi network name or password?
No problem! You can now change this information anytime you want directly from the app. No need to pick up the phone and call anyone to make a simple fix yourself.
- Are you concerned about how much time your kids are spending looking at screens?
Parents or Grandparents can now create healthy habits for screen time directly in the app.
- Do your kids take their devices to bed and stay up late looking at their screens?
Create bedtime routines so that your child’s devices get disconnected from the internet at a set time, and don’t reconnect until the next morning.
- Tired of giving your network name and password to friends and family when they come over?
Create a guest network they can connect to without needing your actual network information. Text it directly to anyone you want to have access.
- Concerned that your neighbors might be connecting to your Wi-Fi network?
Get alerts anytime a new device is connected, and see all devices connected at any time in the dashboard.